AFFAIRS are in the air following lockdown, according to an extra-marital dating website.
Illicit Encounters says interest from married people wanting to date someone other than their spouse is up by 31 per cent over this time last year.
Relationship experts reckon being stuck at home together for the past few months has exposed weaknesses in failing relationships – nudging people elsewhere for excitement.
But would you know if your partner is cheating on you?
Yasmin Harisha and relationship therapist Sally Barker, who specialises in helping couples where a partner has cheated, put the effectiveness of your “straydar” to the test.
1. What is the first change to your partner’s appearance that could indicate they are cheating?
b) Trimmed nails
c) Whitened teeth
d) Moisturised face
2. Which of these is a tell-tale sign your partner is lying to you?
a) They use a lot of hand gestures
b) They cross their legs
c) They sit on their hands
d) They crack their knuckles
3. Work aside, how long will a cheat stay out of the house in one go?
a) 1-2 hours
b) 3-4 hours
c) 4-5 hours
d) 6+ hours
4. What is a cheat likely to buy themselves first?
d) All of the above
5. When a cheat is lying, they . . .
a) Repeatedly touch their face
b) Scratch their neck
6. Where is a cheat likely to hide in the home to speak on the phone?
7. How do you know when a cheat is texting their lover and not friends?
a) They smile
b) They laugh
c) They have a straight face
d) They frown
8. Which of these could give away your partner is hiding something?
a) Changes in sleeping pattern
b) Unexpected weight loss
c) Agitation and uncharacteristic behaviour
d) All of the above
9. If your partner is cheating, their enthusiasm for sex with you is likely to . . .
a) Increase. They will initiate it more than ever
b) Stay the same
c) Decrease. It becomes non-existent
d) Vary from week to week
10. Where is a cheat most likely to charge their phone in the house?
a) Bedside table
c) Living room
d) Beside them
11. If your partner is cheating, when are they most likely to use their phones or computers?
a) Often, but they clear the browser history if you ask to borrow it
b) Early mornings and late nights
c) Only during work hours
d) Their device of choice is constantly on
12. Which of these is a cheat most likely to do?
a) Go to bed whenever you do
b) Sleep in a different room
c) Slip into the bedroom much later than you
d) Hit the bedroom earlier than you
13. A cheat is likely to be most interested in . . .
a) Your schedule for the week with work and friends
b) What time dinner is
c) What time you will be going to bed
d) When the next food shop is planned
- ANSWERS: 1, A. 2, B. 3, B. 4, D. 5, A. 6, A. 7, A. 8, D. 9, A. 10, D. 11, A. 12, B. 13, A.