For those who don’t know and especially those who get carried away with lovely romantic photos on the internet, please allow me to officially inform you that RELATIONSHIP IS HARD WORK!
For many single people who can’t wait to start a relationship and be all mushy mushy with bae, there are some certain things you should take note of so that you don’t ruin what you have desired since.
It is a known fact that the tongue is very powerful and it doesn’t matter whether you just started dating or you have been married for 20 years, there are some certain things that may seem little like the tongue and unsuspecting but they are very powerful in turning your hitherto blissful marriage into a war zone and if care is not taken can even lead to a bitter divorce.
Find below some of the words you should take note of:
1. My Ex Was This and That: Never ever make the mistake of comparing your Ex with your current partner!
It is a recipe for disaster and will definitely end in tears.
Always remember the reasons you accepted to be with your current partner and know that he/she is your current reality and you should do everything within your power to make it work.
If there were things your ex did that tripped you, you can stylishly introduce it in your new relationship without making any reference to the past.
Nobody, I repeat nobody likes to be compared with another to talk less of being compared with a previous partner.
If your ex was so fantastic, he/she wouldn’t be an ex right?
2. What Is Your Financial Worth Or How Much Do You Make Per Annum: We currently live in a society that is driven by money and many people are moved and rate people based on their financial worth only. Therefore, asking a partner or potential spouse what they earn or their financial worth will mostly send the wrong message, no matter how far gone you are into each other.
Getting to the point of disclosing and discussing each other’s financial worth must be gradual and mutual. It should happen naturally and not out of investigation, probe or questioning.
And if you are just starting out in your relationship, what your partner earns is completely none of your business.
3. I’m Sorry I Cheated: Let me state it categorically clear here that there is never an excuse good enough for cheating! I personally do not believe that cheating happens by mistake although it is arguable, especially if it’s happening for the first time.
However, if you are in a relationship that is of priority and means a lot to you, you would be careful not to do anything that would break the chain of trust and jeopardize the peace of the relationship.
No one likes to be cheated on and so, if you are no longer comfortable in your relationship, break up and walk away rather than cheating on your partner because that would break the relationship anyways.
4. Nobody is better than anybody: You Are No better because relationships involve two completely different people, there are times you will hurt each other and get into heated arguments. That moment of being criticized or corrected, is not when to bring out all the faults of your partner to make them feel bad for correcting you.
It is understandable that you want to be defensive during such moments but you have to be careful so you don’t go overboard and say things you will be sorry about later.
Sometimes sorry is not just enough!
5. Families: Our Family is Somehow a very important part of our lives and they contribute significantly to the quality of the life we live.
Talking down or negatively about people’s families is never a good idea and when it comes to your partner’s family, you have to be extra cautious even if you guys are married or have been married for donkey years.
People are naturally selfish and self-conscious about their family and rightly so, therefore, even if you have reservations about your partner’s family, be very careful with the words you use to talk about it, and that is if you must talk about it in the first place. Sometimes, it is wise to keep your opinion to yourself to avoid unnecessary trouble.
I hope you have learnt something meaningful from this article, please feel free to share your thoughts with me.
Do you think that people can actually cheat by mistake?
Please let me know in the comment section, I would really love to hear from you.